Our returns and refunds procedure is as follows:
STEP ONE – Completing the Necessary Documentation
You should receive a Returns Note with your online order, detailing our returns process. If you have not received this document, please contact Customer Services on 021 4644616 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, excluding public holidays) or by emailing us at email@example.com with your order details.
If you are dissatisfied with the products delivered to you and want to apply for either a product exchange or a refund, kindly complete the Returns Note document with all the required information. Confirm your contact details, date of purchase, Order/Invoice Number, and all details of the physical products that you want to return, including how and why you believe the products are defective or unsuitable for your purpose. If goods need to be returned from a different location than the shipping address to which the Order was delivered, please indicate so at that time. In the event you require an exchange, please indicate what alternative product you believe may be better suited, or ask our Customer Service contact centre to assist you.
Email this completed document back to firstname.lastname@example.org – We will confirm your Return Claim Number via email within one business day of receiving your claim.
Any return of physical goods purchased on www.daremakeup.com will require a pre-authorisation to be issued by Dare Make Up. Authorisation will be issued by our Customer Care Centre, within 1 to 2 Business Days from time of receiving your request. Once your return request has been approved, a Return Instruction will be communicated to our courier company, for collection of the goods.
STEP 2 – Returning the Product
RETURN AND EXCHANGE
If the product(s) ordered and delivered are unsuitable, and you wish to exchange them for another selection, we will gladly assist you in validating which alternative product(s) may be more suited for you.
Kindly note that we will only process Exchange of product(s), if products returned to us are in original condition, e.g. unopened, and in the original intact packaging. Once return goods have been received and inspected, we will process exchange and initiate the shipment of replacement products to you. Our Customer Service Team will liaise with you to confirm when goods have been validated for exchange, and when replacement products have been shipped to you. Note that replacement of products can only take place if alternative product is of the same value. If you wish to have the original product(s) replaced by other products of a higher value, we may decide to refund that transaction entirely and assist you in placing a new order for a new amount.
Once the goods authorised for return have been collected by our courier company, please send an email to email@example.com , providing us with the tracking number communicated to you by the courier company at time of collecting the parcel. Shipping of the returned parcel back to Dare Make Up will take place via standard ground shipping. Please allow up to 10 working days from the date on which the package was collected for it to reach us.
Once we have received the package, we will notify you via email that we have received the physical products.
In the event the goods received are not in their original condition, we reserve the right to not agree on an exchange or refund, and will then contact you to notify you of potential alternative process we may agree upon.
Any return of physical products must include all accessories and instructions, and all original packaging that is still available. If no packaging is available, please make sure the products are in protective packaging as we are not responsible for any damage in transit.
STEP 3 – Processing a Refund
If you require a refund we will refund the price paid by you for the goods (exclusive of the initial delivery charge) within thirty (30) days of receiving your returned goods, provided that you have returned the goods to us in their original condition at our distribution centre within 14 working days of delivery
Refunds will only be made against the original credit/debit card used.
Until such goods are returned to us, you are obliged to exercise all reasonable care to store the cancelled goods safely and in appropriate conditions.
Please Note: We cannot accept returned goods that we reasonably believe have been used. In such circumstances, we will notify you that no refund will be available and you will be responsible for arranging for such goods to be returned to you within 28 days of our notification.
As a Customer, you are entitled to apply for a refund if you believe products delivered are unsuitable, or if you decide to invoke a cooling-off period (as stated in Clause 1).
In either cases, you need to communicate to us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with reasons as to why you believe the products are unsuitable, or to notify us of your intent to exercise a cooling-off period.
- Processing of a refund claim will only take place once Dare Make Up has received the returned goods and been able to inspect the products.
- If you claim that our products are defective, our technicians will examine the products for defects. They will report to us whether the products were defective, were misused or are of good quality.
- If you claim that our products are unsuitable for your purpose, we will first investigate whether you communicated the purpose to us. If you did, we will then provide you with a written report indicating whether we believe the products were unsuitable for your specific purpose or not.
- If you returned the products within the seven day cooling-off period and our technician reports that the products were defective, were provided to you for your specific purpose and were unsuitable for that purpose, then we will either contact you and ask you whether you would like us to replace or refund the price of the products (if you are also a consumer under the CPA) or advise you how we have decided to compensate you (if you are not a consumer under the CPA).
- If the products were returned outside the seven day cooling-off period, or our technician reports that the products were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose or were suitable for that purpose, then we will not replace or refund the products.
- Our customer services department may tell you that they do not believe you have a claim, for example because the warranty period of the products has expired. In this case we may refuse to replace products, or refuse to pay a refund If you choose for us to replace the products or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organise the necessary steps to repair or replace the products.
- If you choose for us to make a refund or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you and arrange payment of the refunded amount into the Credit Card account used to process the purchase, within 30 days of cancellation.
- When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for the shipping carton to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the item(s) in your shipment, please contact us immediately at 021 461 4616. Please provide the order number along with your email address and phone number for fastest service. To assure prompt resolution, please retain the shipping box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier.
We will replace or refund the price of any defective products that you return to us during the six month statutory warranty. Returns must follow our returns procedure below.
Any customer that is also a consumer under the CPA may decide whether we should either replace or refund the defective products. We will decide how to compensate any of our other customers.